Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tree Bones

One aspect of snow I really enjoy is how it show the form of the tree as an individual.



Update on the mare's tails--when I looked up mare's tails on the web, it said they "foretell" a major change in the weather(in our case going from dry and very cold to wet and cold), as well as a warm air mass moving over.  Now the weather man was saying "snow"--which is essentially a cold air event.  How does the warm air "aloft" fit into the weatherman's schedule?  The next day had freezing rain, rain that falls and freezes on contact with things in the cold air below the warmer air.  Then the next day came the snow ;0).  The mare's tails were more accurate than the weatherman who is looking at blobs on radar.  All I had to do was look up.

3 comments:

Wanderin' Weeta said...

Those trees are beautiful, especially the first one.

I can't resist taking photos of snowy trees, either. I must have several dozen of the young maple outside my bedroom window.

Trailhead said...

Agreed that the first one is particularly striking.

Larry said...

Nice photos, Celeste! Did you take them as B&W or transform them afterwards?