Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Meme Obligato


Whew, July is flying by! Between knitting and writing for a book due the end of July(I am 25% of a book due out next spring, my first one where I get my name on the cover!), taking care of the garden, and riding my new bike (WR250f, thank you Grandma!) and remodeling the downstairs bathroom(it started as a leaky pipe, you know "while we're at it")...not a lot of internet, ha!

Weeta tagged me for a meme, and hopefully I'll do this right...


The rules are as follows:
We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. Believe it or not, I am(or was?) an English Major, from Seattle Pacific University. I finished in three years plus one quarter of two classes--wind ensemble and independent study in German.
2. I let some of my vegetables in my garden go to seed so I can see what the flowers look like.
3. I love to sleep outside. With no tent.
4. I have worked as(remember I was an English Major): a wrangler at a horse camp, a graphic artist, a librarian, a knitwear designer and a housecleaner.
5. I hope to climb a big mountain someday. And go to Alaska, on the ferry.
6. I like clean windows.
7. I love riding drag by motorcycle, horse, or on foot(by that I mean "in the back of the line", not wearing opposite-sex clothes, but then I am wearing men's motorcycle gear so in essence, times two, I am riding "drag"...), I can lag behind out of the dust, be by myself for awhile.
8. I like to read auto-biography/memoirs (not biographies), natural history, or poetry of my favorite poets(like Theodore Roethke, Robinson Jeffers, William Stafford)--so much for "English Literature"!
And in case you're wondering, I've only gone off the trail four or five times on my motorcycle, purely by accident, of course. Grandma infected me with motorcycle love.
Ackk! I've got three to tag so far...
Cindy from Riverrim http://riverrim.blogspot.com/
Larry from Riverside Rambles http://www.silphium.net/blog/
BPaul from Fire Lookout Ravings http://forestjester.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

cyndy said...

Nice bike!

Those meme's do circle around!

I understand your #6!

Here is a link to my random things, thank goodness for archives!
http://riverrim.blogspot.com/2007/05/8-things.html

PS after reading about your Grandma and the motorcycle, I would love to read her random things too!

matt_stansberry said...

25% of a book on what?

Trailhead said...

And go to Alaska, on the ferry.


Oh yeah. Been trying to get that done myself for years.

adam said...

Hi, this is not so related to your page, but it is the site you asked me 1 month ago about the abs diet. I tried it, worked well. Well here is the site