Thursday, March 8, 2007

Home

The theme for Good Planets is "Home". Here's a few pix of my nest, nestled in the trees. Growing up my sister and I were always making lean-tos, little houses under a cozy spot in the trees. My childhood home had second-growth woods along the back where we and the neighborhood kids played. Of course those woods are houses now(they sit on top of springs and are constantly having water problems-haha).
My home is an a-frame, unobtrusive, just big enough for my family, with all outdoors around us to live in. I have learned a lot about myself living here, who I really am, what makes me tick. I am really myself here, and I'm thankful for that gift, something I'll carry no matter where I may have to live in the future. It seems the big picture of all life comes into its proper perspective here. I can hear myself think(or not think, just be...).
So this picture kind of sums up what I feel about "home". The top of my house peeping out from the surrounding woods--a small, simple place, full of loving family, deep within natural nature, "far from the madding crowd".

4 comments:

Bitterroot said...

You do such a fine job of expressing your strong sense of place. It's fun to see where you live. I'm typing this in a log cabin that has the same effect on me: "It seems the big picture of all life comes into its proper perspective here."

wyldthang said...

Hi bitterroot! I hope I get to see a picture of your log cabin someday. Of course I'd love to live in one myself...

matt_stansberry said...

That A-frame is amazing. One day... One day...

Paul said...

I like your setting. My daughter lives in Eugene now, so I've been up to visit her once, and I'm returning in June.

Pablo
www.roundrockjournal.com